Part Time Warehouse Associate
CenturyNovelty.com, one of the fastest growing pure play e–retailers of party supplies, favors & decorations, currently seeks a Warehouse Associate for their Westland (Ford Road & 275), MI Warehouse. This is a great part time opportunity for a high school or college student, or anyone looking for extra income selling fun party supplies and favors.
Warehouse Associates are responsible for loading, unloading, sorting, staging, picking and packing products into and out of the Distribution Center.
Compensation: Starts at $8.50/hr. Raises at 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, and 1 year
- Pick merchandise from warehouse
- Pack. Recount assembled orders for accuracy. Accurately picked orders will be put into a box, cushioned, and taped
- Ship. Once the order is picked and packed, shipping information will be processed on a PC
- Receive and store. Deliveries of new merchandise, returns, and other materials will often need to be offloaded from a truck, sorted, and moved to their proper location in the building
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Position is part time. Ideally around 20 hours per week; no more than 30
- Warehouse is open M-F 8-7. Must be able to work 8 hours on Monday AND Wednesday; other than that, scheduling is flexible
- Be self motivated
- Be able to multi–task
- Require little supervision
- Handle a fast–paced environment with rapidly increasing sales
- Have the ability to use Windows without assistance
- Be able to use shipping software without assistance after training
- Be dependable/on time
- Have accurate counting, adding, subtracting, and multiplication skills to count merchandise before it ships
- Be capable of heavy lifting & standing/walking for long periods of time in warm environments
- Want to be part of a team who strives for perfection.
- This is not a management position
- Must pass a skills test of the previously listed qualifications
- Must complete/pass a criminal background investigation, credit check and drug screen prior to hire.
- Email Careers@CenturyNovelty.com . Reference 'Warehouse - Website' in the subject line for proper routing
- Include a cover letter and resume, if available
- No phone calls or walk–ins please
Due to the high volume of responses to our job postings, we can only accept applications by email. We do not accept or consider applications by any other method, including telephone, fax, mail, or walk–in. Please do not send us résumés or applications by these methods. Doing so may affect your eligibility for this position, or future positions with CenturyNovelty.com